CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CLUB OFFICIALS AND VOLUNTEERS
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below.
All volunteers must:
• Consider the wellbeing and safety of participants before the development of performance.
• Develop an appropriate working relationship with participants, based on mutual trust and respect.
• Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
• Promote the positive aspects of the sport (eg fair play).
• Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
• Follow all guidelines laid down by the national governing body and the club.
• Hold appropriate valid qualifications and insurance cover.
• Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
• Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibited substances.
• Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results.
• Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.